Founded in 2005 as a dedicated and independent sustainability consultancy, SRE has been at the forefront of the drive to raise the environmental performance of buildings for 18 years.
To keep up with the demand for our services, we are looking for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to lead our Net Zero team and be part of the Senior Management Team.
Join SRE and work with a team of dedicated, values-driven professionals at the forefront of the fight against climate change.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead one of our Net Zero team, investing in each individual to help them fulfil their potential.
- Contribute to the day-to-day running of the company through the Senior Management Team.
- Provide clients with high-quality technical and strategic advice on a broad range of sustainability services including Whole Life Carbon Assessments, Circular Economy Statements, ESG Assessments, Net Zero Roadmaps, Materials Lifecycle Analysis, Air Quality Assessments, Carbon Baseline Calculation & Reports, Environmental Product Declaration’s, IAQ Plans, Sustainability Charters, Sustainable Procurement Plans, Sustainability Statements, and Waste Reduction Strategies.
- Work with design teams on a range of innovative and high profile developments.
- Prepare high-quality reports for clients.
- Play an active part in SRE’s growing team.
- Manage Key Client Accounts, developing long-term and constructive relationships.
- Expand our client offering into new and exciting areas of sustainability.
- Contribute towards developing a robust Pipeline.
Why work with SRE?
- Genuine commitment to sustainability with 18 years proven track record.
- Trust-based relationships, collaborative working and a coaching style of management.
- Competitive salaries and team and individual bonus’.
- Generous pension contributions, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, sabbaticals and cycle-to-work scheme.
- Structured orientation, training and development and life enrichment programmes.
- Based in beautiful cathedral city of Guildford in Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
SRE’s core values are authenticity, dedication and kindness. Our values run through everything we do and are central to how SRE operates.
We build trust-based relationships, deliver excellence and challenge the status quo.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Candidates will be expected to have:
- A relevant degree in Sustainability. A building/sustainability/materials related MSc is desirable.
- Over 3-years’ experience of working within the built environment.
- Experience advising on net zero buildings.
- Experience carrying out Whole Life Cycle Carbon Assessments and using OneClick LCA software.
- Knowledge of the RICS WLC guidance methodology.
- Knowledge of Circular Economy principles and reporting.
- Experience providing appropriate low carbon material and solutions to lower the embodied carbon of a project.
- Experience in managing projects, writing reports and building relationships with clients.
The job will be full-time and will be based in Guildford, Surrey within 30 minutes from London. Salary will be dependent on experience and ability.
How to Apply
If you feel you have the relevant personal qualities, experience and qualifications please apply via email quoting ‘SRE0077’ as the email subject. Please attach your CV and a Covering Letter (max 1 page A4) explaining why you feel you would be suitable for the position and send to email@example.com
The closing date is 5pm Friday 17th November 2023.