Founded in 2005 as a dedicated and independent sustainability consultancy, SRE has been at the forefront of the drive to raise the environmental performance of buildings for 18 years.
To keep up with the demand for our services, we are looking for a Senior Building Physics Consultant with a background in M&E to join our Building Physics Team.
Join SRE and work with a team of dedicated, values-driven professionals at the forefront of the fight against climate change.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide clients with high-quality technical and strategic advice on a broad range of services including Thermal Comfort & Overheating, Daylight Sunlight & Overshadowing, Internal Daylight Modelling, LZC Feasibility Studies, Building Regulations Compliance, SAP/SBEM, Thermal Bridging, Energy Strategy, Energy Statements, Carbon Management Plans, Microclimate Analysis, Visual Comfort and Reflection Studies.
- Advise on M&E strategies appropriate for each development type, including residential and commercial.
- Work with design teams on range of innovative and high profile developments.
- Prepare high quality reports for clients.
- Play an active part in SRE’s growing team.
- Manage Key Client Accounts, developing long-term and constructive relationships.
Why work with SRE?
- Genuine commitment to sustainability with 18 years proven track record.
- Trust-based relationships, collaborative working and a coaching style of management.
- Competitive salaries with team and individual bonuses.
- Generous pension contributions, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, sabbaticals and cycle-to-work scheme.
- Structured orientation, training and development and life enrichment programmes.
- Based in beautiful cathedral city of Guildford in Surrey Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
SRE’s core values are authenticity, dedication and kindness. Our values run through everything we do and are central to how SRE operates.
We work to build trust-based relationships, deliver excellence and challenge the status quo.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Candidates will be expected to have:
- A relevant degree in either Engineering, Physics, Maths, Sustainability etc.
- Over 3-years’ experience of working in the built environment.
- Strong understanding of M&E systems.
- Knowledge of construction design stages and contractor responsibilities.
- Experience of industry design software such as IES VE, SketchUp, AutoCAD, CFD etc.
The job will be full-time and will be based in central Guildford, Surrey within 30 minutes from London. Salary will be dependent on experience and ability.
How to Apply
If you feel you have the relevant personal qualities, experience and qualifications please apply via email quoting ‘SRE0078’ as the email subject. Please attach your CV and a Covering Letter (max 1 page A4) explaining why you feel you would be suitable for the position and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date is 5pm Friday 17th November 2023.